According to the statistics shared by ibisworld.com, graphic designing is a $13.3bn industry in the United States alone.
2022 will be the year that the graphic design industry reaches its peak.
Graphic designers are in high demand around the world as the industry continues to grow every year.
This gives everyone the chance to meet this demand by starting their own business or freelancing.
Well, where do I begin?
For starters, it may be overwhelming to teach themselves the skills that are necessary to start a graphic designing business.
The good news is that you don't need expensive software or advanced skills to create graphic designs.
Say hello to the easiest, most quick & efficient online tool called Canva.
What is Canva?
Canva is a web based graphic designing tool that lets you quickly design invitations, business cards, flyers, lesson plans, posters, and more using professionally designed templates.
You can even upload your own photos to Canva's templates and add them using a drag-and-drop interface.
It's like being able to use a basic version of Photoshop for free, without the need to know extensive photo editing knowledge.
What can I design using Canva?
- Social media posts
- Social media posts
- Business cards
Features of Canva
- Canva helps you design everything from compelling social media posts to infographics and resumes. In addition, you can create designs from scratch.
- A user-friendly drag-and-drop feature makes Canva very easy to use. In just a few clicks, you can add templates and photos to your design.
- There are over 50,000 templates available on Canva that you can select, edit, and customize. In addition, new templates are added regularly.
- Adding text and cropping photos are just the beginnings of Canva's photo editing functions. Create collages, photo grids, blur your photos or add texts with its beginner-friendly features.
- You can use free stock photos, icons, and fonts from Canva to create engaging graphic designs. Your own photos can also be uploaded and used.
- Moreover all the important features comes for free with canva.
What is Canva Pro?
Although it's great to use the free version, the Canva Pro version has many great benefits and is very affordable. Canva Pro will save you time and money if you're a blogger, entrepreneur, or small business owner.
The Canva Pro plan includes an unlimited amount of storage for photos and assets, as well as additional features. Additionally, you will have access to 400,000 free photos, templates & illustrations.
What are the Benefits of Canva Pro?
- Massive library of images & templates
- Get Premium Videos & Contents
- Multi Branding Management Tool
- Create Instant Animations
- Advance Resizing options
- Easily Remove Image backgrounds
- Schedule Social Media posts
- Invite your team & work together
Why Canva for business?
Unlike photoshop or any other graphic designing tool canva is completely free to use. In order to use Canva, you don't need to take any expensive graphic design classes. Take up a free Canva Designing Course to get started.
So, Just pick a business name, create a website, and get started right away.
Steps to Start your own Agency using Canva
Step 1: Sign up for a free Canva account.
Step 2: Choose a name for your Graphic Design Agency.
Step 3: Create a logo & website for your agency.
Step 4: Launch Your business.
Note: Trade license can be bought later since most of your business is done online.
What are some Canva Business Ideas?
1. Creating social media posts for clients. There are millions of social media channels and people are too busy to make creative posts. With Canva, you can help them make those posts.
2. Design logos for new businesses. A trade license issuer might have this list of all new business registrations. You can then contact the list to ask if they need a logo. You can also sell business cards, brochures, letterheads, flyers, etc.
3. Designing certificates for online coaching business. There are plenty of EdTech companies or individuals who are willing to outsource certificates to save time.
4. You can also create thumbnails for YouTube artists. Most of them can be found on Instagram, Facebook or LinkedIn.
5. Build relationships with bloggers and influencers. They are most likely to be needing digital contents like ebooks, planners, calenders, etc.
6. Save the date designs for weddings or other events.
How to get Clients for your Agency?
1. Create a business profile on Instagram. In order to gain the first 200 followers, you can use the follow and unfollow technique.
2. Once you have 200 followers, you can contact other Instagram influencers to share your Instagram profile on their page in exchange you will share their page on yours.
3. Now that you have enough followers keep your Instagram handle active by posting some valuable graphics and videos regularly. Let these posts be relevant to your business.
4. Once in a while you start promoting your graphic design business to your followers.
5. Use Instagram to contact other businesses asking if they are looking for any sort of graphic design.
1. Start making new connections with other business owners.
2. Once connected ask them directly via message if they need graphics like social media posts, flyers, etc.
3. Make your profile stronger by posting valuable posts daily.
Other Social Media
You can also follow similar steps on other social media platforms like Facebook & Twitter.
1. Make short but valuable videos and post in on video platforms like YouTube, TikTok, Snapchat & Instagram.
2. Videos should mostly target business owners on how they can improve their business by creative designing.
3. Show them how posting on social media regularly can improve their brand and sales.
1. Start a blog. This can be an extension of your website or a separate personal blog.
2. Start Posting valuable and useful SEO friendly contents.
3. Post at least 1-2 times a week to get free visitors from Google.
4. Add an email signup page to collect emails from visitors. Use lead magnets such as ebooks in exchange for their emails.
1. Start collecting emails from social media platforms and from your blog.
2. Send emails once in a while that add value to your subscribers.
3. Pitch your business solutions at the end of each email.
Signup for freelancing website like fiverr, upwork, freelancer.com, etc to get designing jobs.
Information mentioned here are basic idea on how to start your own graphic designing agency using Canva.
My topic covers almost everything that is needed to start and run a successful graphic designing business.
Signup for free Canva tool here.
Take up a free Canva Designing Course